Monday, June 15, 2009

Too Hot to Handle

With the temperature fluctuating between 48 and 52 degrees Celsius, spending even 15 mins, at a stretch, in the kitchen has become next to impossible. The water from the tap, from morning to night is hot enough to make a cup of coffee and I am not exaggerating. And in the afternoons I probably can just make noodles in that water even without using the stove. And because I have the killing desire to keep my kitchen sink dish free, I bought a pair of gloves with which I can wash my dishes even when the tap water is hot.

V and I have finally started going for our brisk walks in the evening. The weather for sure is lousy but we couldn’t delay it any further. We realized we are growing out of our clothes and we don’t have enough space to stack any more clothes than we already have. By the time we are back from our walk, we are drenched in sweat. Literally. It’s even worse for me with my burkha over my clothes. When I am brisk walking I don’t like talking. That is one time I don’t want to talk. I need to be with myself and preferably with my headphones.

I am getting a new fridge in a day or two. And I got a new hair cut 2 days ago. This time an inch shorter than the shortest I ever had. I made it that short on impulse but am not regretting it. Some think it’s cute some don’t like it. I think it’s ok. And V thinks it’s cute.

In one of my previous posts I mentioned that I had a good I wasn’t ready to share yet. Here it is… My dear friend Shalini got married last week. I hate it that I couldn’t be there, but I couldn’t have been happier for her.

I have been in no mood to entertain any guests at home. I am not in a mood for formalities and pleasantries at the moment. I prefer sitting in my bedroom with a book, some music and a bottle of water. My landline also is off its hook for most part of the day. After I finish The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks, I have The Kite Runner by Khalid Hosseini and Danielle Steel’s Mirror Image and Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts to read. But am not sure which one to read next.

For some really odd reason, I have not been able to open my blogspot and Face Book from home. I don’t know why? I have asked one of my best friends Aruna to publish this and my previous post for me. This is it for now. Got to get back to The Guardian. The story has taken a twist and I need to know what the creep, Richard Franklin, is upto to next.

No comments:

Post a Comment