Wednesday, January 21, 2009

An Article and A Poem


Yesterday I got a lovely poem as a forward about ‘What a woman should have…’ by Maya Angelous . I liked it very much and started googling for more poems by the author. That is when I found out that this piece was actually written by Pamela Redmond Satran, has been making rounds in the internet since atleast 1998.

“30 Things Every Woman Should Have…” is a very interesting article written by Pamela Redmond Satran for the Glamour Magazine. Some of you must have read it already but couldn’t resist sharing it.


In the process, I also read a couple of Maya Angelous’s poems. Some are moving, the rest beautiful. I have posted below, one of her poems:


They Went Home

They went home and told their wives,
that never once in all their lives,
had they known a girl like me,
But... They went home.

They said my house was licking clean,
no word I spoke was ever mean,
I had an air of mystery,
But... They went home.

My praises were on all men's lips,
they liked my smile, my wit, my hips,
they'd spend one night, or two or three.
But...

No comments:

Post a Comment